This module addresses 3 areas:
- Pre-course assessment: What tools can be used for needs analysis?
- In-course assessment: How can you make possible and needed interventions while implementing a revised course?
- Post-course assessment: What tools can be used for assessing what has been achieved?
By the end of this module, participants will be able to:
- Develop criteria and instruments for diagnostic assessment.
- Reflect on what is going wrong and make necessary changes while implementing a revised course.
- Reflect on what has been done, positive and negative, and justify possible changes.
While the revised courses are being implemented, a reviewing process is needed to be designed. In the RUCAS project, this process consisted of pre- in- and post-course surveys to assess student learning from the start of the course until the end.